5/13/2006
  The New Guy
So today was my first day actually on the job, at my new second job. I was kind of nervous jumping in there. I wasn't sure how much I would remember and how rusty I would be, it has been almost 7 years. We started slow and as lunch began to pick up I began to feel more and more comfortable in my new spot. I am fortunate that the people I seem to be working with are pretty nice and friendly. It was no time before I knocking the cobwebs off and feeling at home back on the cook line. Some of the employees that didn't know that I had a history with the company were surprised at how well I did for my first day.

I really like the feeling of being good at something. My current full time position requires me to learn something new essentially everyday. I often times don't feel really good or accomplished at it. While I know being a cook isn't a fantastic job, and I wouldn't consider it as a career, it is still something I can excel at. My trainer only had good things to say about my work and I won't need to work with a trainer any more.

I also like that this gets me up and moving. My full time job is a desk job and while I like it and find it challenging, I have to be pretty sedentary and sit at my desk all day. This I am standing, walking, bending, lifting, and on occasion sliding (not fun and a little scary). I also like that I get to be lots more social at this job. I actually get to talk to people and engage them in normal conversation, this is a refreshing change. So first day was good, and I hope only good is to come.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States
ARCHIVES
April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / October 2006 / January 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered by Blogger